Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I LOOOOVE LUCY!

I participated in Shawnee's latest Flirty Apron Swap.

The theme was "I LOVE LUCY!" and we had to either use Lucy fabric or to be inspired by the show and come up with the perfect retro housewife package.

I kind of did a bit of both. I couldn't find any Lucy fabric locally but my partner's kitchen was red and white with roosters.

So I made her this retro styled apron by making an applique from one of my own vintage tea towels.



I added a matching kitchen towel and enamelware tin.....she collects enamelware so it was a lucky find. I threw the soda glass and straws in because I found this poster...
As you all know, Lucy didn't go ANYWHERE without her lipstick, so I had to add that to the package. The little crocheted heart pin is symbolic because Lucy's heart was ALWAYS in the right place....even when she messed up....which she did.....over and over again.

The journal is for when Lucy has some 'splainin' to do for Ricky! And we know she did LOTS and LOTS of 'splainin' on that show! (refer back to the 'heart' pin please!)



Lucy always had company so I just had to create some Lucy cupcake toppers... along with some party favors....



I hope she likes it!

9 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

FAB-ulous, Val! Lori

Betty aka Fudgie said...

OMGosh...that apron is a "prize"!!!
Good work and look at all the goodies! You did stinkin good!
Let's tip our glasses to Sistah Val!

frankenpug said...

Super Stinkin' cute! You always put together the BEST swap packages!

momma rae said...

your swap packages are always so darn awesome! you really know how to spoil a gal! hope your package is equally delightful...though i think you enjoy the sending at least as much as the getting!! ;)

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

Love the red and white apron. I just love the cake toppers so cute.

Irma :)

Unknown said...

Wow what a lucky partner ;)
I love the apron its amazing :) Fun wonderful extras too :)
M

Becky said...

And I am the lucky Lucy who received this fab package!!!!! Thank you Valerie!!!!!!! I love it all! Blogged about it over at Shawnee's Flirty Apron blog and will put it on mine too.

What I do want to know is how did you pick the perfect shade of red for me? We've never met! I can't pick out the right red and I know me and have me there when I go shopping!

Anonymous said...

Hello Val I am staying anonymous because I am your secret I luv Lucy's partner.
I just want to warn you that due to some health isssues you'll get your apron with some delay. It will not be sent before august 25th. I am realy sorry for that and I hope you'll understand.
You did a wonderful job with yours and you deserve a very nice apron. I hope you'll enjoy the one I planed for you;
xoxo

UtahJenny said...

I am so glad I didn't get that because I would never dare use it, it is absolutely too wonderful. Instead, I would hang it where grimy hands couldn't touch it, oil couldn't splatter it or chocolate covered mouths couldn't kiss it ... oh my ... totally to die for! Great job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...