Sunday, November 18, 2012

sketching......

The other day I was helping Kaela with some homework and I happened to glance at the front of her binder......brought tears to my eyes:


sometimes you just have to let go and hope you are doing ok as a parent.  This gave me a lot of reassurance.

Yesterday she babysat for a neighbor and when she came home, she didn't feel great.  
As the day wore on she felt worse and worse and by last night she had a fever.     She downed some ibuprofen and took it easy, doing a little sketching while we watched a movie.   

It is so wonderful seeing her enjoying art again.   These sketches took no time at all.  It amazes me at how she can be so talented and now under the right teacher, she is blooming.  She used a regular pencil and eraser and a napkin on these.   The only thing I could do with that is write a note or blow my nose.

a 5 minute apple...complete with striations and dimples



a 10 minute horse....my old mare Punkin.  She was a beautiful, soulful animal and I miss her still


15 minutes legs.  I don't get how you do knees.  She was on the couch but drew the stripes to look like she was at the beach...


This morning, she woke up with a 102 degree fever and vomiting.  (fun. fun. fun.) 

I just hope it is a quick bug and that she can still go to the mall with her friends tomorrow....after all, Thanksgiving break is supposed to be FUN!


"Drawing is the honesty of art.  There is no possibility of cheating, it is either good or bad." -
Salvador Dali

4 comments:

jillytacy said...

She's so talented and a beautiful person too. Her sketches are amazing. You're definitely doing a great job parenting. It's the hardest job ever but also the most rewarding job. I hope she feels better vacations should be fun.

Kerry said...

Feel better soon Kaela :-)
She is such a talented girl with a sweet, sweet heart.
Enjoy the Thanksgiving Break.

Big hugs

Tammy said...

Wow! She did a great job. The horse looks fantastic! I have got to start drawing and doodling again. Honestly, if you don't use it, you lose it. Hope she is feeling better. It seems colds, flu and stomach viruses have been making the rounds here -- not at my house, thank goodness. :) Best wishes, Tammy

val said...

thank you all for your sweet comments....she feels MUCH better today!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...