Monday, November 26, 2012

Shelter gifts....

I dropped off my pet shelter goodies before Thanksgiving.    While there, I looked at some of the pets they have and couldn't help but get choked up.
I managed to take 21 pet beds in all this year....along with dental treats, toys, soaps, collars and food.

Don't forget you can always hand make toys like we did....and take in your used collars and leashes...they can always use them.


I look forward to doing this each year.  I was talking to a young man who was helping unload and mentioned that there seemed to be a lot of animals.  He said "Yep, but they'll all find homes." 
"Lots of good folks are coming in of late."  His being so matter of fact was reassuring.  He went on to say that more people are saying they can afford pets again.  That gives me hope that these little animals will have loving homes soon.

Please consider adoption the next time you get a new pet.....
   
"We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals"-
Immanual Kant

4 comments:

mysteryhistorymom said...

Val- I'm so inspired! We haven't made our holiday trip to the humane society- yet- but you know I'm adding it to my list today!:) We haven't been there in awhile and it's high time, dear friend.:) Thanks for the sweet reminder. We all need love! SO happy to hear that the animals are finding new homes!!!:) Lori

Elaine said...

What great news that the animals will find homes. As a mom of 3 rescues, I love to hear news like that.

And Val, you are an angel to be dropping off so much food, etc to the shelter.

Hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

Unknown said...

Hey Val...I wanted to tell you to add an apt 1 to my address when you send out ornaments...They have been sending mail back which is ridiculous cause the house is split in two.....I love that you did this for the animal shelter....you are awesome!

Tammy said...

God bless you for giving and making things for the pet shelter. I hope all those animals will be given a good home very soon. Poor babies! Best wishes, Tammy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...