Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Dessert of the Month

Last fall, I ran across this eclair recipe and knew I would try it for Dean. He LOVES eclairs...and so do the kids.
Then the holidays came and went and then Dean found out his cholesterol was high...so I kept putting this recipe on the back burner.


I finally made them for him the other night and they were a hit with the entire family. I don't like stuff with filling but even I liked these.....yummy.

The recipe calls for a size 10 tip to pipe the dough and I was thrilled I had one on hand.
Then mine came out small and wonky...I just made twice as many and blamed it on the recipe. It didn't dawn on me
until the next day that I had used an ICING tip instead of a PASTRY tip!


No one cared because they tasted great and that is what matters around here. Now that they were a hit, I'll go out and purchase the correct tips to make them properly.
Link

3 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Eclairs have always been one of my favorites. Though I don't often buy desserts from a bakery, if I have a choice, an eclair it would be. I bet yours were good. best wishes, Tammy

Kerry said...

I am going to have to make those - Andy is an eclair-a-holic!!! They may just take the place of his traditional birthday cake on ther 20th .... yummy!!!!

LittleRed said...

Oh my goodness...those look yummy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...