Friday, September 9, 2011

cool drinks

I made an apron for the cool apron swap....but it got lost in the mail somewhere. I had created the apron with a little vintage design to it. It is similar to a clothes pin apron in that it has one large pocket. I used some fabric in my stash that I had been saving. Sadly, I had none of this fabric left so couldn't remake the idea....plus I designed it as I went along. Anyway, it was cute so I thought I'd show it off anyway.


A close up of the appliqué. I sewed on the "sugar rim" beads ...took forever!
.


I replaced it with this one in case the polka dotted one ever shows up. I took the photo at night...the colors are actually much brighter than they look...



A close up of the limes and spilled salt. Since I used so many beads, I used a washable fabric glue instead of sewing them on individually.


This weekend I'm making myself one with some cute martini fabric.
I don't drink martinis but they sure are cute!

5 comments:

Laura said...

OMG! These aprons are Amazing:) I LOVE the "sugar" and "salt" idea!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

So it's not just Kuwait that loses mail. :/ Sorry to hear that your apron went amiss. Both are very nice -- especially with the beading. Hope you have a great weekend. Tammy

jillytacy said...

I love the polka dot apron. I feel sad for you that it was lost. Who knows it might show up six months from now. Let's hope!

Quiltingranny said...

Wow! So pretty to be lost, perhaps someday it will show up. Love the second apron as well!

Zoë said...

I LOVE the bead work!!! Makes me want to do a quilt with beads!! (might be kinda tuff to sleep on, but hay it would look cute:)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...