Wednesday, August 18, 2010

very merry unbirthday mail!

Monday was a happy mail day!

First, I got my bookmarks from Messy Missy's bookmark swap. I love to read and love nice bookmarks...who wants to use a scrap of paper when you can use a origami Geisha Girl? Or a Diva on her way to an unfortunate accident with a vampire......Totally cute!




Then, I found a box on my door step....the box with the Alice In Wonderland apron swap apron.
The apron made by none other than Melinda...the super duper talented Melinda of Melinda'sfabricfancies!

I was so excited, I didn't want to open it. Does that make sense? I knew it would be awesome!

Before I show you the apron, here are some tuck ins she made for fun:



and this too.....which I wore to work already!

here is a close up I stole off her blog...my camera is suckish


and here is the apron....just click on the photo to see all the detail.

I wish I had a better camera...this photo just doesn't do the apron justice.


here is another close up I stole off her blog.....these are the legs before they were finished...those stripes? She did those with 2 spools of thread....the entire apron is thread painted...and it is GORGEOUS!


Melinda, you ROCK! Thank you!!!!

5 comments:

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Val
Love the cute bookmarks and that apron is wonderful. Glad you had some exciting mail.
Lindsay
x

jillytacy said...

That is happy mail!! Melinda's apron really ROCKS! I'm jealous!

Crazy Amy said...

That apron is a piece of ART! LOVE IT. Glamorous necklace - to die for!

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Everything is just fantastic. Those bookmarks are so fun. And that apron looks like it was a lot of hard work. I adore that flowery choker. Gorgeous -- very striking indeed. Happy Friday to you! :) Tammy

Unknown said...

wow! my biggest fan, I thank you...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...