Monday, February 2, 2015

Recipe Box: Juevos Rancheros

Last week I wanted to try a recipe my "Aunt Nutsie" used to make for brunch.  I LOVED this as a kid.   This is a small dish made for breakfast or brunch and uses just a few ingredients most folks have on hand.  It will feed 4-6 folks.




I ran across the recipe in mom's box and she had labeled it "Bette Nan's Whatchamacallit."
I knew it had to be good....if mom liked something but didn't have the proper name, she used made up words for it! 

Bette Nan's WHATCHAMACALLIT!

Ingredients:
3 eggs
basic seasonings
can chopped green chilies
shredded cheese
Worcestershire sauce

Grease an 8X8 glass pan with PAM
Pour a can of chopped green chilies on the bottom of the pan, spread out.
Sprinkle 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese on top.

Mix  together:
3 eggs, 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce, some salt, pepper and garlic powder together.  Add a dash of Tabasco or cayenne.

Drizzle the egg mixture on top of the cheese and press down so all the eggs are mixed in.

DO NOT STIR.

Bake 25 minutes in a 325 degree oven.**   Cool 3-5 minutes and serve warm.   The chilies on the bottom keep the eggs from sticking.



**Next time I am going to raise the oven rack and broil the last couple of minutes to burn the cheese.

This is SO good!

2 comments:

jillytacy said...

Looks good, I love juevos rancheros! My favorite!

jillytacy said...

Looks good, I love juevos rancheros! My favorite!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...