Friday, November 8, 2013

STILL going green...

On one hand, I hate that we haven't had much cool weather yet.   On the other hand, it is so nice to see things STILL blooming.  I even have basil to harvest....

These morning glories are blooming like CRAZY....there are even MORE blooms on the other side of the fence.  Our neighbors love us.  Lisa once told me, "We get the glory, YOU do the work!"





The gourds are actually sprouting babies.  I know we won't get to harvest them, but it is nice to see them!
  



same gourd, 2 days later....




And this alien lovely creature bloomed right before Halloween...(its an orchid folks, don't get too excited!)



There is so much green and new growth around here, it is almost like Spring....except when we look at the calender and realize we need to get cold weather goodies planted!

2 comments:

Quiltingranny said...

Thanks for sharing the Morning Glories, we had them all over our old place and everyone called them Blooming Ivy.
Curly Girls art is amazing. She should submit some to Spoonflower, I would buy the fabric!

Kerry said...

Very pretty !!!
Richard came running in yesterday, to tell me that my Rosemary was growing again (believe me when I tell you, the Rosemary is WAAAY beyond growing again !!!) ..... it was infact the Basil he was talking about !!!
Perhaps 1 more batch of pesto ..... delish !!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...