51 minutes ago
Monday, March 15, 2010
Curly Girl got a new papasan chair awhile back and gave this bean bag to Ripstick Boy.
Since Leo had 'claimed' it, he went with it into the 'boys' room!
Then Leo got sick.....yuck. We almost lost the poor boy but he is feeling much better now.
I'd made the cover several years ago and hadn't made it removable so I just cut it off.
Besides the yuck, it had lots of little rips in it so I just pitched it.
After ripping off the cover, it looked like this...bubblegum pink just didn't quite work for RB's room (or personality!)
So I recovered it using some white canvas from my stash.
This time though, I made one end drawstring style so I can just yank it off and toss it in the wash. It looks pretty good with his little owl on it....
If you are contemplating covering a bean bag...do it! I didn't even make a paper pattern, just sort of eyeballed it.
It took me about an hour, including cutting and measuring, etc.
You just have to take your time cutting and measuring panels. I added about 2 inches per panel which gave me plenty of wiggle room for error.
If anyone wants to know how I did it, let me know and I'll email you...be sure to leave me an email addy though.