Wednesday, April 22, 2015

into the yard

Daddy would be so happy!  He loved working in the yard, puttering around and seeing what nature brought him that day.

We have a "bumper crop" of hummingbirds this year.  (I totally would have WON the contest.)

This little guy guards the window feeder and sits on this chair between visits.  He is FIERCE and runs all the other boys away....ladies are welcome though.  There are a couple that he brings with him...such a little Casanova!



The dianthus we planted last year is exploding...




My oxalis is super happy.  I have this stuff everywhere....in pots, in the landscaping.  Such a happy plant.  Pink blooms, white blooms...doesn't matter, I love it all!  



Even our nature trail is blooming, making our walks that much more enjoyable.



Oh, and I can't forget to share this.....tasty bruschetta.  Nothing like clipping basil from your own garden for it.....so good!




"garden fairies greet the day, kiss the flowers then fly away..."

2 comments:

Quiltingranny said...

I love seeing your yard each spring. Here we are still in winting or springter, the weather doesn't know what it wants, so we are 70's one day, 40's the next and my poor plant seeds don't know whether to sprout or retreat. Love the Hummingbirds!

Kerry said...

Gorgeous :-) We've also had a steady flow of hummingbirds this year ... I thought it was because I'd put up more feeders and changed my nectar choice this year. Must be climatic :-) We've had a lot of rain too, so the garden is blooming .... and I haven't even needed to water it much :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...