Friday, March 15, 2013

pinteresting wreath...

So, I have been playing on pinterest, trying new recipes.  I decided to give this wreath idea a go too....

The idea is to make a wreath out of pipe insulation.

Why?  Because it is uber cheap and usually in the garage somewhere in your husband's junk.
Which also means you can raid your husband's stuff and not have to change out of your pajamas in order to make a wreath.  Because you are a lazy crafter....like me.

I tried it.
It worked.

Sort a....

Here it is on day one:
Cute right?  Not bad for a free tube 'o' insulation and some fabric from my stash...and a dollar store shamrock.


but a couple days later....
see that space under the shamrock?  yep...it is getting bigger.

and a couple days later, this is what it looked like...more like an oval...



By the end of the week, it looked like one of those yokes you put on a mule before plowing your field!   So I had to take it off and squish it back into shape......

I decided that even though I'm a lazy (and cheap) crafter, I'd rather use a coupon at Hobby Lobby and buy a wreath form than squish my wreath every few days.  But since I've already made this one, I'm keeping it because I'm too lazy to make a new one.

1 comment:

Shawnee said...

You are funny. just love that you keep it real here. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...