Tuesday, August 14, 2012

paninis...

Years ago I made "smashed sandwiches" in the oven. I'd put stuff on a bun and then put the whole thing between parchment and cookie sheets weighed down with oven pans.
They were delicious but it was a pain to do so I didn't make them often.

Then came the "panini" which is a fancy smashed sandwich. I didn't have a panini maker and I scoffed at the prices. BUT I did have a George Foreman grill I never used. (sorry, George.)

The thing is that when you want your fake panini smashed, you have to REALLY lay on that lid. George finally cracked under pressure after about 6 years. (sorry, George.)

Then Dean got me a panini maker for Christmas this past year.
He found one on sale and then used a coupon, so what's a girl to do? I used it...like right away.
And now I use it ALL the time, especially when we have company. Its sort of like a crock pot for sandwiches. You can put just about anything between two slices of bread and it will taste great......


these paninis are made with Dean's smoked chicken, tomatoes, chipotle jack cheese, salt, pepper and a little oil and vinegar.


And by the way, I'm really NOT sorry George's lid cracked...and neither is anyone else!

3 comments:

Turtles In Northern Florida said...

Oh my word those look good. I must go find something to eat now!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

Yummy! I gave my George away years ago. Never did anything for me.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

We have a sandwich maker but not a panini maker. We make grilled cheese in ours -- better than doing butter in a pan on the stove. No butter required for the sandwich maker. Really good to put slice tomato, mozzarella and garlic salt. I've never had a George Foreman grill, but a friend uses a grill pan on the stove and I want to find one. She did veges with balsamic and they were so good -- as if she actually grilled them. Delish!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...