Friday, June 15, 2012

crocheted jar cozies

I've run across several blogs where people crochet jar cozies so they can reuse the jars. I thought I'd try making some myself because I always feel guilty throwing out jars but can't keep them all. (Our area doesn't recycle since Hurricane Katrina.)
There are plenty of patterns on line but I just made this one up to get myself started.


They look pretty with a votive candle in them...sorry for the blurry photo, I forgot to change the camera settings.


The tall jars will hold bath salts I make. I have friends who look forward to them every year.
I'll make the cozies as new jars come along. I'm curious to see how many I wind up with by Christmas.

4 comments:

jennifer robin said...

Love your crocheted jar covers!! How have you been and are you hosting any swaps in the near future?

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

You did a great job, but of course I knew you would. I just crocheted one for a brown jar but made the top too tight and now I can't get it over the bottom. Grr! Have a wonderful weekend. Tammy

Kerry said...

That is such a great idea ... It will really add something special to those gifts :-)
They look lovely Val.

Have a fantastic weekend:-)

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Val, the jar covers look so pretty. I especially like the group of white ones, they look lovely together.
Have a lovely weekend.
Lindsay
x

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...