Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Ironcraft #30 "Hot"

For this week's ironcraft challenge I made a sarong to match an existing bathing suit.

I had already purchased some material that matched (back in MAY) but it sat on my sewing table while I did other things.

Thanks to this challenge, I got busy and crocheted a trim and made the sarong....which matched the bathing suit quite well.




Then I got carried away because the sarong turned out so well...so I made a top.
It isn't complete though....not enough time.
I have to add ties which will improve the look under the bust line....the edges stick out in the photo.


close up of the crocheted trim I made.


no more over sized t shirts for me :-)

7 comments:

jillytacy said...

That looks fabulous! I love the trim on it.
By the way I love the new additions in your ETSY shop. The panda is adorable and the beanies are too. I love the idea of the crocheted dog balls too.

kat said...

That is one classy swimsuit cover-up!

Rhonda said...

You are so very talented. What a great touch with the trim. It really made the outfit pop!

gin said...

wow!!! that looks great

T's Daily Treasures said...

I'm impressed! Looks great and love the color combination. Sure wish I would have taken home ec when I was in school. Instead, I took Independent Living and Home & Family. :) have a great day! Tammy

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Val
WOW that's such a gorgeous outfit you made. Love the colors. You are so talented.
Lindsay
x

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

Very nice...and sexy hehehe. I love the color.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...