Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Holiday meeces...

This year I have tried to be a bit more creative which is why I hosted YOE.
We are in the last quarter now and looking back, I am so glad I did it. Not only have I had fun and met new people, but I've tried new crafts and had fun in the process.

I always make at least 2 ornaments and choose the best one to send off to my partner.

This month's ornament was the mouse.

First, I made this one...it is about 3 inches tall.
I used a pattern that I bought last year and added a little crocheted scarf .




and this one..I was inspired by an ornament off Calamity Kim's blog. I was going to link to it but can't find it!...anyway, here is what I did...


I sent the first one off because it was more difficult to make and looked so sweet holding the little Christmas tree....but I love them both!

8 comments:

Kerry said...

We've had so much fun taking part.... it's been fantastic to learn new things:-)
Can't wait to see what awaits us in October, November and December!!!

Jenny said...

Either one would have been awesome to get but he really is cute holding that little tree!!

Jenny said...

And I love him!!

manda said...

Love the Mice!! So cute! Keep up the holiday crafting, and thank you for the email about Brutus, just fabulous!!

jillytacy said...

I think they're both cute! Your YOE swap was such a great idea and it seems like you're all having a good time swapping!

Lindsay-ann said...

Hi Val
I love both mice ornaments. They are adorable. The first mouse reminds me of the mice from a tv show called 'Bagpuss' that I watched as a child. The mice were carved on a wooden musical 'mouse organ' and they came to life and had adventures with Bagpuss the cat. It was all rather bizarre!
Lindsay
x

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Sweet little ornaments.

What I want to know is how many aprons do you have and where do you keep them all. :)

Hope you are having a great day! Tammy

Unknown said...

I love them both too....you took on a big project with the whole enchanted thing and I sure appreciate all your hard work.......

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...