Saturday, October 11, 2014

Mojo






I had to take my time writing this post.  Mojo's death was unexpected and although that was a blessing for him, it knocked me off my feet.    He left us just 6 months after Ginger's passing.
In a way, his death was harder because it was unexpected...but it was also easier because we didn't have to euthanize him.  Having that choice taken from us was a gift.   Not an easy one though.  

First of all, Mojo was totally misnamed.  When you allow a 3 and 5 year old to name a dog you don't expect them to blurt out Mojo Jojo (the evil monkey from The Power Puff girls) 

Does this puppy look evil to you?



We should have named him Linus.   He insisted on dragging blankets or towels around....anything made of fabric.   If he got excited, he would try to drag his bed out for you to play tug of war with!  If you did laundry and had rolled socks, he would snatch them up for you to throw for him.

He was always getting into something but never did anything bad.  Of course, the cats hated that he would hijack their stuff....he especially loved to hunt for those little balls with jingle bells in them....which led to him getting stuck sometimes....I came home to this one day!



Unlike Ginger, Mojo never demanded anything.  He was so sweet and unassuming.  He couldn't get on furniture and was too heavy to lift...he HATED being picked up (imagine lifting a squirming 40 pound hot dog...)   Instead, he would squirm his way under your feet and let you use him as a foot rest.  Just being near was enough for him.

Mojo loved his toys.  While Ginger destroyed something within moments, he would carry his toy around for days, guarding it jealously from her.  Eventually, he would let his guard down and she would run off to disem"stuff" whatever toy he had.



Mojo knew geometry.  Seriously, he was pretty clever.  He would bring a ball to us to be thrown so much that once it got gooey, we would start kicking it.  He would see where our foot was placed and shift his body to the best position to get it.   He was so quick that no matter how fast you changed trajectory, he would snatch it up before it got past him.  I always said we needed to video it for youtube but we never did.     

I am so grateful that he was happy and playful to the end.    After Ginger died, he seemed so depressed.  Then a few weeks later, he was running around like a maniac, happier than ever. Dean said he was singing "Ding Dong The Witch Is Dead!"  

Our sweet little Mojo, Linus, Mr. Grumpy Pants is at rest now. (Seriously, don't y'all have nicknames for your pets?) We love and miss him.
   As our son said "I am happier to have had him in my life, than I am sad that he is gone."  But I'm terribly sad to have lost my little sidekick of 13 and a half years. 


4 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Oh Mojo! I just loved that little guy. I know how hard it is for you Val. What a little love he was and certainly you were all blessed for having him in your life and he was one lucky little pup. Hugs and blessings, Tammy

Birgit said...

Oh Val -- I feel for you! My own pets always were like family members, too -- and it's so hard to let them go.

(((Val)))

Comforting hugs,
Birgit

jillytacy said...

I'm so sad for you! I've loved reading and seeing Mojo on your blog these last years. I'm glad he had a peaceful passing.

Crazy Amy said...

I'm so sorry for your loss Val. I'm sure Mojo is enjoying some time across the Rainbow Bridge. *hugs*

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...