After our wild weekend, it was back to normal on Monday. Until that evening!
While making a sandwich for Matt, smoke started pouring into the kitchen through the ac vents. Something was definitely on fire.....(thankfully not much and not for long...)
We piled out of the house as I was calling 911. Apparently, the motor to the downstairs a/c had shorted out and caught fire. It quickly went out because there was nothing to feed it. Other than smoke and a broken air conditioner, we were o.k. It took two different repairs on two different days, but we are now back to normal.
I thought how lucky we were. This happened in daylight and we were all together in one room, including the pets. I can't imagine it happening at night with people sleeping in different parts of the house!
As you can see, Mojo wasn't concerned and went straight back to stealing cat toys while wearing this lovely "outfit."
I've decided he must love the smell of catnip as much as they do...or he missed his calling as a cat!
1 day ago