Saturday, June 28, 2014

dates with kids....

This week split our family in two different directions.

Dean took Matt and attended his college orientation and registration at LSU.   Not gonna lie here, LSU wasn't actually his first choice.  With an ACT score of 33, you'd think he could pick and choose.  Well, sure, if we were rich!   Amazing how little that score helped him out the gate.  Am I irritated?  You bet I am.  

Okay.  I took a few deep breaths and calmed down.  Let me start again:

Ah yes, it is OFFICIAL.   Matt is a fully registered college student....and all that goes with it.  
People think of LSU as a football and party school but their statistics in education aren't shabby either....and they are steadily increasing.  
Among the accolades, LSU graduates between the ages of 42-47, prime of their careers are 34th in earnings in the US. (Alabama is 79...take that Tide!)



I think you'll find us at Death Valley a few times this year!

Kaela couldn't find anyone to take her shifts so I stayed home and took her to and from work



I know...right?  Best summer job ever... if you can't work at a beach.  And having a brother who works there too is a bonus.

Her first official paycheck....



and someone got her driver's permit!  




After days of weeding, we watched movies together while I pondered what to do with this....



I'm still pondering.......what to do?  

Friday night, the boys came home and Dean brought a few goodies.   

Oh how I love fuzzy socks!



 I had to put my name in something...or it would be stolen....

see?



I'm not being stingy folks.  She already HAS one just like it.  But she would take mine too....that's how she is.  If it fits and she wants it, she snags it.  Even if it DOESN'T fit and she wants it, she snags it.... I swear this girl has no boundaries!  

Of course, I wouldn't have it any other way.....

4 comments:

Kerry said...

Brit is exactly the same ...... can't tell you how many items of clothing that weren't hers, were found in her closet when we cleaned it out a couple of weeks ago ...... definately a girl thing !!!!

gin said...

Love the socks! Me and my girl still snag each others stuff! Congrats to Matt! I'm glad he's an LSU tiger!

jillytacy said...

Very exciting! Congrats to Matt on LSU and congrats to Kaela on the permit and her first paycheck. I love your label on your sweatshirt tag. I label my stuff all the time, not so much my clothes but definitely school supplies & books. I love my label maker!

A Little Creation said...

Hehehehe!! Daughters =] Instead of clothes mine is now taking furniture. (and we are completely fine with it.)
Chris =]

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...