Saturday, June 12, 2010

mermaids.....

In May, the YOE theme was mermaids. I already posted what I sent and received for the actual swap but here are two ornaments I made and kept.

Here is the first one I made.
I used an image of a
Ziegfeld girl and then cut her out, adding hair and other elements.
I love turtles and thought her hands looked like she could be swimming with one....so added that.

I was so excited with the results and then botched it with the glitter! I couldn't throw her away after all that work so kept her for myself.

Anyway, she went from this:

http://www.shoeboxclassics.com/art_deco/ziegfeld_girls/lost_in_thought.jpg

to this:

using paper was a pain so I'm glad that particular challenge is over!

6 comments:

Little Messy Missy said...

Woe I LOVE the first one!!! Great idea!

Doris Sturm said...

Oh, I think it looks lovely - and I like glitter - I'm a glittery girl ;-)

gin said...

she does look good. I like her green with the jewels.

Jennifer Juniper said...

It's amazing how transformative paper and glitter can be! (spell check is balking at my use of the word transformative!)

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

That was a challenge! It turned out cute!

Becky said...

Well, I think she's purdy! What botched glitter? One can never have enough glitter!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...