Wednesday, February 6, 2013

birdy business...

A few days after putting out the bird feeding wreath, the birds pretty much vanished from our yard.  Our sweet little visitors swoop in a little bit, but not much...and they don't hit the ground right now.  Even the squirrels are absent...and THAT is a rare thing.  
Adding to the mystery, Leo wasn't wanting to go outside and he ALWAYS wants to go outside.

Then a few nights ago I saw a large fluffy cat stalking through our yard and hopping up on our fence.  I'm sure that is the reason.  I don't know of anyone new moving into the neighborhood so I hope he moves on soon.  
At least Leo has the sense to stay inside when he knows the other guy is skulking about.



I just put this little thing together to hold nesting materials for spring.   I usually use a little onion bag but found this mixed in with my bird feeders.  It is supposed to hold fruit, but I think it will work well.  Some yarn and a quick brushing of the dogs filled it up nicely.


With birds on the brain, I made this apron.  I actually cut the fabric out last year for someone but made her something else instead.  Not sure what I'll do with this one just yet....



 
And THIS little birdie was something I won!
I joined Vicki's blog party during January and won this lovely little pillow from Kathy!  It arrived yesterday and is so bright and cheerful.




"I value my garden more for being full of blackbirds than of cherries, and very frankly give them fruit for their songs."
Joseph Addison

2 comments:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

I thought you were going to say a storm was coming with all the animals acting strange. Mean mama cat who I've been feeding for quite a while has finally let her babies come out and there are 6 of them. Oh my! They are so cute, but it just makes me so sad to know the life they will have. Poor babies. Great idea for the yarn. I need to put some of mine out and see if the birds pick it up. Would be so neat to see a nest built of the yarn you put out. I never know where the birds around here nest. The apron you made is very pretty. How wonderful that you already received the pillow from Kathy. Have a great day. Tammy

A Little Creation said...

Hey, I did the same thing with the yarn and string for the birds in my backyard! Except mine is an empty suet feeder cage. Great minds think alike! =]
Chris

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...