Thursday, July 31, 2008

Scalped!

I've been scalped!


If my basil could talk......that is what it would say. I almost feel guilty when I go out and whack it back like that. But it had gotten so big that I simply had to cut it back. From the picture you can't tell that I cut it back by HALF!

Look at all this beautiful green basil!



Curly Girl was eager to help me make some basil butter. She enjoyed 'posing' for the camera!


I noticed she snagged one of MY favorite aprons....the one Heather sent me!

Next time I harvest I'll be making pesto and some basil/olive oil cubes for soups! YUM!

4 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

Your basil is beautiful! Mine didn't make it this year so I'm jealous! Blessings, marlene

CathyJean said...

Val,
Your basil looks so healthy! and the basil butter looks sooo yummy!! I need to prune mine back again for I guess it's pesto making time. Any ideas for cinnamon basil? I made flavored vinegar with it, but need to use it again.
Have a great weekend!

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

What a beautiful basil plant! Maybe next year I can plant more herbs. Sounds fun.

Thanks for visiting my blog this week. I hope you'll come again soon.

jillytacy said...

Your basil looks great and the basil butter sounds delicious. Now that I have the recipe, I need to make some too! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...