Saturday, August 9, 2014

cooking and crafting...

I made Dean's cheesecake of the month installment.  White chocolate with fresh raspberry sauce.  It is a crust less cheesecake which was nice for me, less work!   I am using the recipes out of this little cheesecake cook book I bought years ago for half price. The only thing I did differently was to halve the recipe for the sauce and heat it to thicken it a bit before running it through a sieve.  Everyone loved it.




I also made a really tasty pasta.  I tried the basic recipe from something I saw on pinterest but added mushies and sun dried tomatoes.  I also added one of my basil/olive oil cubes.  Oh my gosh, it was so good, I made the same thing twice in one week.  Here is the link to get the recipe.  The best part is this lady's blog is terrific.  I love her little cartoons!



My niece is having a birthday today so I spent some time whipping up a swimsuit cover up....in pretty pool colors!



I used a new yarn joining technique I found on....no way, pinterest!   Anyway, it is easy and makes smooth transitions....   Here is the link.  



I also got another surprise in the mail!!!!  Jill sent me a little goodie for my birthday!  The owl chime and gloves were the first to be put to use!  



The turtle is a thrifted wooden toy she re-purposed into a pincushion.  Too cute!  She also zen-tangled the box and made me those robot bookmarks.  I adore bookmarks.  The one reason I don't use a tablet to read is because I love bookmarks so much!



Thank you Jill!

1 comment:

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Awesome gifts! Happy birthday! Wish I could be there to toast you! :) Cheers! Tammy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...