Monday, April 22, 2013

the patio...

Our patio is small but a little patience reaps beautiful blooms......



Dean brought me this amazing planter about 18 years ago, I think she is lovely!



 aloe for those bug bites and sunburns....



geraniums are one of my favorites but they don't do as well in the ground here so I keep a pot or two on the patio



My herbs have exploded.   I removed the basil and rosemary from this tub a couple years ago because they get so large.   Now, green onions, oregano, nasturtium, thyme, cilantro, flat leaf parsley and an experimental celery stump all share space here....



The rosemary which used to dominate the above tub was replanted and has quadrupled in size in just 2 years....it loves this spot so much, it just keeps spreading out....



"Why try to explain miracles to your kids when you can just have them plant a garden? "~Robert Brault

1 comment:

gilly said...

Your patio looks so pretty! I had to remove the rosemary & basil from my cutting garden too as it was taking over!
Lovely quote at the end too - so true.
Have a lovely week,
Xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...