Wednesday, October 17, 2012

little trip home

We went home last weekend to visit my family.     It was a tough weekend due to the circumstances but my mom is doing better and my dad is on the road to recovery. 

Here are the kids with mom.  She is still so beautiful, people find it hard to believe she is in her 80's!


in mom's new room

outside enjoying the beautiful weather...after participating in a walk to end Alzheimer's.

 Daddy is on his way to recovery.  It will be a long haul and a tough one.  He is severely underweight....but his appetite is better and he is a tough old pilot so he won't be down for long.
I'll post some photos next time around.  He would not approve of me posting a photo of him while he is ill...and neither would mom!

My sisters gave me a surprise.  Knowing I love ladybugs...and that they bring good luck, they presented me with this one:


Her name is Lucy...and she is much prettier in person!   Thank you to my two sweet sisters, I love you!!!!

"To us, family means putting your arms around each other and being there."
  ~Barbara Bush

3 comments:

Tammy said...

Glad you were able to make a trip home to visit your parents. I always did charity walks when I was in the States. It's nice ya'll got to do one. I hope they both continue to do well. Best wishes, Tammy

Kerry said...

We'll keep on praying for your Mom and Dad, and for your sweet family too.
Sending you a GIANT hug :-)

gin said...

going home is always good. Prayers and well wishes for your parent's health. Your mom looks wonderful for 80!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...