Sunday, June 13, 2010

A day in NOLA

Saturday, we took the kids into New Orleans for the Creole Tomato Festival. If you don't know what a creole tomato is all about, click here. They are simply hands down, the BEST tomatoes ever and we eat them throughout the summer.

The festival wasn't as big as we thought it would be but we still had a lot of fun.


As you can see, we had to start the morning off at Cafe Du Monde.....


do I have sugar on my face?


say wha?

check out this stilt walker...


close up of her shoes...



For June's toy drop, I made the 'dreaded box jellyfish.'

and dropped it by one of our favorite fountains.....




it was gone when we checked on it a couple hours later...click HERE to see what the finders say...

There were lots of booths to choose lunch from but it was soooo hot, we opted to go INSIDE to eat lunch!

The rest of our day was spent running in and out of stores trying to keep from melting!

7 comments:

Becky said...

Any chance of seeds from said wonderful tomatoes?

Looks like a grand time was had by all! I love that your family does outings like this. Makes me miss having mine a home - just a little bit.

Quiltingranny said...

I love curly girls look! Priceless! I miss NOLA, I want to come back, just to eat!

mysteryhistorymom said...

I LOVE the Box Jellyfish! How darling! And how fun to see comments from the people that found it! Those tomatoes sound yummy. I have never heard of them... And Cafe Du Monde- mmmmm.... We went there years ago on our way out of town. YUM. Cute pics, too! Lori

gin said...

cute jellyfish.. We were just in NO last week. and ate at Cafe du monde,too. and shopped. and walked. and ate. and walked. and had a great time.

Doris Sturm said...

Oh, I just LOVE tomatoes and I could eat them every day. Would love to try one of those, but am not in the mood to travel during this extreme heat and humidity - I've been hibernating indoors for the past 2 months and am already tired of summer and it's not even oficially started....yikes!

amy @ Life in Pink Hi-Tops said...

What fun! Love the stilt walker and her shoes. The box jellyfish is adorable--I may loose my fear of jellyfish! I like the idea of a toy drop.

jillytacy said...

This is so much fun! Your box jellyfish is so cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...