Monday, May 31, 2010

Mosaic Monday

I didn't think I would be able to meet May's YOE challenge with all the "end-of-the-school-year" happenings but managed to do so.

Here is the bird bath I made:


and a close up of the sun:



The sun is made from an Ann Frantic piece that my sister gave to Curly Girl. It fell off her dresser years ago and broke so I put it with my mosaic supplies. When I showed CG the finished bird bath, she was thrilled!

...As for the ladybug, I put one in all my mosaics :-)



9 comments:

Betty aka Fudgie said...

I want one! See us sipping our "maggies" sitting by your wonderful piece of art! The warmth of the afternoon graceing our faces as we raise our blue glasses!

Doris Sturm said...

Oh, how pretty and cheerful, bet the birdies will love splashing in such a cheerful basin ;-)

Happy Memorial Day!

mysteryhistorymom said...

Gorgeous, Val! You never cease to amaze me!:) Lori

Becky said...

Dang Val! You are truly multi-talented!

Robin (RsIslandCrafts) said...

I think it's great that you put a ladybug in all your mosaics. It's your signature :)

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Beautiful! I've always wanted to do mosaics but have never tried. In fact, years and years and years ago -- I bought a small kit to make a mosaic frame (from the Discovery Center along the Gulf Coast) -- and I never, ever did anything with it. I need to find that kit and actually make it. :) Have a great week. Tammy

jillytacy said...

This is amazing! You truly have so many talents! I would love to be able to make a mosaic like that. For now I'll drool over yours.

UK lass in US said...

How beautiful!

Unknown said...

it deserves a big toast.....let me run in and mix up a pitcher....awesome!!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...